There is only one week to go until Vintage at Goodwood the civilised festival for grown ups that celebrates 5 decades of British cool. With thousands of people turning up to listen to some great music from the forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties in their favourite pieces of vintage clothing it is a sure sign that vintage clothing is becoming even more popular. Attendees at Vintage at Goodwood will not only have the opportunity for camping but also glamping, a very glamorous type of camoing with all of lifes little luxuries. But for those who just don’t have time to trawl car boots sales, vintage fairs and shops, there is plenty of vintage inspired clothing available on the high street and in online stores ready to cater for the huge interest in clothing from bygone years. Even for those who are not lucky enough to be going to to the Vintage at Goodwood weekend, there is no reason why they should not indulge in dressing up in some vintage inspired clothes.
There are lots of reasons for the current interest in vintage clothing and vintage inspired clothes. Part of it is perhaps a little nostalgia for those good old days before computers, Blackberries (the handheld computers, not the fruit) and mobile phones but also there is something about the vintage styles of clothes that we love. Some of the classic styles of vintage clothes have definitely proved their worth and stood the test of time like the circle skirt and the sixties style baby doll dresses. These styles of clothing are not only feminine but also very flattering for women to wear. They are a refreshing change from the jeans and t shirts that so many people live in these days and they make you feel a little bit special.
It is no surprise really that so many of these vintage features are re emerging in modern clothing designs. They are just the sort of clothes that women want to wear and the intricate embellishments and attention to detail are irresistable. Here are some of my favourite vintage inspired features that you can find on modern clothes.
* Lace – delightly feminine and delicate, lace trims on dresses, cardigans and tops are big news this summer but lace never really goes out of fashion as it is such a beautiful fabric.
* Washed out Florals – the paler coloured florals have a really nostalgic and comforting feel about them.
* Tea dresses – the classic shape of a tea dress is incredibly popular as it is so flattering. The a line is the perfect way to cover up larger hips and thighs and balance them with a wide hemline.
* Beading and embroidery – the beautiful decoration on many vintage pieces is usually handcrafted. Modern day reproductions of these works of art are perfect for evening dresses.
* Pencil Skirts – pencil skirts are incredibly versatile and are great for work wear.
* Flared or circle skirts – the fifities silhouette of a full skirt with a nipped in waist is still hugely popular today. It looks so elegant and this style looks like it will be a huge trend this winter.
Aid Addison – Roman Originals – Elegant women’s clothing all year round catering for all sizes from 12 – 22. Browse our extensive selection of women’s clothing and womens fashion at affordable prices. Find the perfect item with a style to suit you! Contacts For interviews, images or comments contact:Aid Addison Marketing Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find More Vintage Fashion Articles